The Bristol Warren Regional School District will begin registering age-eligible children for kindergarten. According to Rhode Island State law all children must be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2020 to be eligible to register for kindergarten. All kindergartens are full day programs.
Here is a timeline of important dates and happenings pertaining to incoming Kindergarten students for the 2020-2021 school year:
Please complete the following steps:
- Fill out our Pre-Registration Survey and select a first & second choice for your child's screening appointment, at the completion of the survey you will be given the link for our Online Registration program
- Log in or Create an account on the 'New Student Registration Screen'
- Follow the directions to register your child.
- To complete the Kindergarten Registration process - Please make an appointment with our Registrar or stop by our open enrolment day (parent/guardian must come in-person with their supporting documentation)
NOTE: If you are unable to access our Online Registration a kiosk will be available to you at the District Administration Building located at 151 State St. Bristol - Monday - Friday 8:00 am until 4:00 pm
All parents should plan to attend the Kindergarten Orientation Session where you will receive valuable information from the District Administrators about our District and Kindergarten program.
Date: Thursday, April 2, 2020
Location: Hugh Cole School
50 Asylum Road
*Childcare activities during orientation will be available for children age 4 and up upon Sign up
You will be able to reserve a Kindergarten Screening appointment when you register your child online. A letter will be sent home with your appointment time. This screening is different from the Child Outreach Screening your child may have received as a 3 or 4 year old.
School and Teachers:
You will receive 2 letters over the summer:
1. A letter from the Superintendent’s Office notifying you of your child’s school assignment.
2. A letter/postcard from your child’s school notifying you of his/her teacher assignment.
All elementary schools will host a “Get to Know Your School” session for all new kindergarten students. This is held just prior to the start of school. You will receive information in the mail regarding the date/time.