BWRSD COVID-19 Updates and Information:
- Quarantine is no longer recommended for those exposed to COVID-19, except in high-risk congregate care and healthcare settings. Cohorting students (or remaining in stable groups) is no longer recommended.
- RIDOH is shifting away from requirements to recommendations. In line with their changes, we recommend that students and staff who test positive for COVID-19 isolate at home for at least 5 full days and, if returning to school on days 6-10, wear a well-fitting mask. Masking is recommended at all times in school nurses’ offices, regardless of COVID-19 Community Level.
- Our nurses are still able to provide antigen testing free of charge to our staff and students. Prior to conducting in school testing for students under the age of 16 we will need an updated signature on consent forms. Please update your consent in Aspen.
- Guidance for COVID-19 Outbreak Response in Schools-Updated 8/24/2022
- COVID-19 Isolation Guidelines for Pre K - 12 Families (Updated May 26, 2022)
- BWRSD March 2022 Nurse Plan for Dealing with COVID (Updated on March 30, 2022)
- BWRSD COVID-19 Protocol Updates - School Committee Presentation on January 10, 2022 by Superintendent of Schools
- Upcoming Vaccination Clinics in our Community (Updated January 16, 2022)
- In-School COVID-19 Testing: BWRSD schools have the capacity to test any of our students or staff who believe they are symptomatic. Based on RIDOH guidance, we are currently using antigen (rapid) tests which provide quicker results and are appropriate for asymptomatic people. We must have a current test consent form on file in order to provide testing (consent forms are only valid if they were signed this school year). If you have not completed the BWRSD COVID-19 Testing Guardian Opt-In Request Form in the Aspen Parent Portal you can click on the link below to complete the form for your child’s school:
- Colt Andrews Elementary School Permission to Test for COVID-19 Form
- Guiteras Elementary School Permission to Test for COVID-19 Form
- Hugh Cole Elementary School Permission to Test for COVID-19 Form
- Rockwell Elementary School Permission to Test for COVID-19 Form
- Kickemuit Middle School Permission to Test for COVID-19 Form
- Mt. Hope High School Permission to Test for COVID-19 Form
- BW COVID Protocol Updates - 1/5/22 (Message from Superintendent of Schools)
- BWRSD COVID-19 Family & Staff Update - 1/2/22 (Message from Superintendent of Schools)
Information Provided by the Rhode Island Department of Health
- Updated Pre K-12 RIDOH Playbook (Version 8.0 updated 1.10.22) that incorporates the recent CDC changes.
- COVID-19 Testing for PreK-12 Students and Staff
Last Modified on November 29, 2022