The Bristol Warren Regional School District will begin registering age-eligible children for kindergarten. According to Rhode Island State law all children must be 5 years of age on or before September 1, 2019 to be eligible to register for kindergarten. All kindergartens are full day programs.
The 2-week online registration window is from Wednesday 2/20/19 - Tuesday 3/5/19.
Here is a timeline of important dates and happenings pertaining to incoming Kindergarten students for the 2019-2020 school year:
During this time please complete the following steps:
- Visit our website www.bwrsd.org.
- Scroll down to 'Announcements', click on 2019 Kindergarten Registration or you can go to 'Registration' and click on '2019 Kindergarten Registration'.
- Create an account on the 'New Student Registration Screen' for you to register your child
- Follow the directions to register your child.
- Once you have completed the online form with your students information, select a screening date & click 'submit'.
NOTE: If you are unable to access our Online Registration a kiosk will be available to you at the District Administration Building located at 151 State St. Bristol, RI.
To complete the Kindergarten Registration process, a parent/guardian must come in-person during one of the following dates and times:
Tuesday March 12 or 19 at Guiteras Elementary School, 35 Washington Street, Bristol
Wednesday March 13 or 20 at Hugh Cole Elementary School, 50 Asylum Road, Warren
8:30 am until 11:00 am
Saturday March 16 at the Administration Building, 151 State street, Bristol
9:00 am until 12:00 pm
Individual appointments are not neccessary. If all registration information has been completed on-line it should take 10-15 minutes to complete the process.
All parents should plan to attend the Kindergrten Orientation Session where you will receive valuable information from the District Administrators about our Kindergarten program.
Date: Thursday, April, 2019
Location: Hugh Cole School
50 Asylum Road
*Childcare activities during orientation will be available upon sign up on our website.
You will be able to reserve a Kindergarten Screening appointment when you register your child online. A letter will be sent home with your appointment time. This screening is different from the Child Outreach Screening your child may have received as a 3 or 4 year old.
School and Teachers:
You will receive 2 letters over the summer:
1. A letter from the Superintendent’s Office notifying you of your child’s school assignment.
2. A letter/postcard from your child’s school notifying you of his/her teacher assignment.
All elementary schools will host a “Get to Know Your School” session for all new kindergarten students. This is held just prior to the start of school. You will receive information in the mail regarding the date/time.